END-OF-LINE DEFLAGRATION FLAME ARRESTERS
Series No. 670E
Type Approved according to the latest ATEX Directive and and ISO 16852
Protectoseal Series No. 670E End-of-Line Deflagration Flame Arresters are installed where it is not necessary to conserve vapors but where low flash point liquids must be protected against fire and explosion from exterior sources of ignition. These flame arresters are mounted on the end of a vent pipe from the tank. Vapors are allowed to escape into the atmosphere and air can be drawn into the tank through the specially designed flame arrester grid assembly. If an ignition source outside the tank (unconfined deflagration) is encountered, the flame arrester provides protection for the tank's vapor space. Arresters are not for use in stabilized burning situations.
Type Approved according to the latest ATEX Directive and ISO Standard 16852. Please refer to Protectoseal Series No. 670/6670 for Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Listed Arresters.
These arresters as designated by model number, are intended for use with vapors equivalent to International Electrotechnical Commission Explosion (IEC) Group IIB3 or IIA, National Electric Code (NEC) Group C or D.
- Product Specification Sheet - PDF
- Installation & Maintenance Instructions - PDF
- Application Worksheet ( PDF | XLS )
- Sizes DN 25 (1"), DN 50 (2"), DN 80 (3"), DN 100 (4") and DN 150 (6")
- Vents directly to atmosphere
- Maximum operating pressure is 1.1 bara (15.9 PSIA)
- Circular grid plates fabricated from heavy gauge metal
- Positive flame arresting
- Flanged connections available
- Weatherhood easily removed for inspection
- ProFlow® Sizing/Selection Software