FUEL TANK SAFETY CAPS
The Protectoseal combination safety fuel cap, pressure / vacuum relief device is designed for installation in fuel tank openings of gasoline or diesel-powered industrial trucks and equipment such as forklifts, tractors and airport ground support equipment, The perforated metal flash arrester keeps a flame from entering the tank, thereby preventing explosion of the confined vapors within the tank. Safety fittings provide sufficient pressure relief to prevent tank rupture and sufficient vacuum relief to facilitate gas flow from the tank. The spring-loaded, self-closing cap protects against evaporation losses.
New designs available specifically suited to assist in meeting the regulations outlined in EPA 40 - Part 89 - "Control Emissions from Non-Road Large Spark Ignition Engines, and Recreational Engines - Evaporative Emissions".
- Manually engaged compression spring latch ensures sealing of the large cap opening at low pressures, while also providing automatic pressure relief if the tank pressure increases beyond normal limits (preventing tank rupture). Unique cap design provides vacuum relief to facilitate flow.
- Designed to accommodate a perforated metal flash arrester which allows flow of liquid into the tank during filling but prohibits entry of an external flame into the connected fill pipe. Screen also serves as a strainer to prevent particulate matter from entering the tank minimizing fuel contamination.
- Available in various sizes for mounting to standard 1 1/2" through 4" NPS and NPT male and female fill pipe connections, quarter-turn, easy-on flange connections as well as a variety of common mechanical threads
- Padlock opening prevents theft or unauthorized access. Use of padlock does not impair the automatic pressure relief capability of the spring loaded cap assembly.
- Durable, lead-free finish, color coded to indicate a specific industry standard storage application: RED designates gasoline; GREEN to designate diesel.
- Underwriter's Laboratories Listed.
Fuel Tank Safety Caps designed to assist in meeting the requirements outlined in EPA 40-CFR Part 89.